Wednesday 15 April 2009

Simon Says.... RECYCLE!!!

It is my turn to issue a challenge & I thought long and hard. I came up with the idea while sitting in the dark during Earth Hour a couple weeks ago, and thought, let's try to save our Earth!!!!!

So, your new challenge is to RECYCLE!!!! Use something/anything that had a use before. Examples could be ribbon from a candy box, tissue paper wrap that was in a gift, bubble wrap, plastic laminate sheets that come with your stamps, fabric from an old, favourite pair of jeans, an old photo, card or magazine page....if it was used BEFORE, you can use it AGAIN!!!!!!

This challenge will be open until April 28th so we'd LOVE to see what you come up with!!!! Please remember to link us to your blog post in your comment so we can all go have a peek!!!!! Also, you don't have to use Simon Says stamps for these challenges!!!

Also as an added bonus Heidi the owner of the Simon Says Stamp Store has very generously offered a special prize of $25 to choose whatever you like in their store !!

Das Thema diese Woche ist: Recycling.
Ihr könnt für die Challenge benutzen was ihr wollt, nur eine Sache an Eurem Werk muss recycled sein. Es gibt einen Gutschein im Wert von 25$ zu gewinnen, einzulösen bei Simon Says Stamp. Wir hoffen auf Eure Teilnahme. Viel Spass bei dieser Challenge!

Temat kolejnego naszego wyzwania to RECYCLING.
Użyjcie w swoich projektach czegoś, co miało wcześniej jakieś inne niż kraftowe przeznaczenie - przetwórzcie to w Waszych pracach. Macie czas do 28 kwietnia. Zamieśćcie link do swoich prac pod tym postem lub w komentarzach.
Macie szansę wygrać zakupy o wartości 25$ w sklepie SimonSaysStamp!!!

A második kihívás témája: "Újrahasznosítás"
Otthonotokban, környezetetekben a már használt dolgokat kell felhasználni az alkotás során.
A győztes 25 $ értékben vásárolhat a Simon Says Stamp webáruházban.

A határidő április 28.-a. Jó alkotást kívánok!!:)

Here are what the Design Team has come up with for your viewing pleasure:


(recycled ribbon from a chocolate box
& a button from an old shirt)



(recycled a toilet paper roll
for the tag holder)






LORRAINE
(recycled all of the bits to make these FAB albums)

(recycled an old tin)

(used a cork mat, packing paper, a book page, piece of felt,
old lace, corrugated cardboard, and buttons found in a drawer)





IRIS

(Altered an empty cigar box)







TIMEA

(altered a wave cardboard box, the envelope and the stamps)

(altered a CD case)




Thanks for playing along with us, and HAVE FUN!!!
Chris

34 comments:

Jackie said...

Superb DT offerings, going to get me thinking cap on again and see what I can come up with. Thank you so much for the challenge :o)
Jackie xx

Trimgym said...

Brilliant efforts from the DT, I'll have a think and see what I can come up with.

Love,

Jo.

truskawkaM said...

great works ! :)

Aniu jak miło ze pojawiło się tłumaczenie po polsku :*

Crafting Queen said...

Great job by the DT. Hope you like my entry.
Here

Anonymous said...

Great challenge, I can't wait to play. Wonderful inspiration by the DT.

♥Silvana♥ said...

I love the challenge and is was easy for me I use to recycle things. Great job by the DT, hope you like my card
http://mimundo78.blogspot.com/

maxine said...

Hi I have re entered again with the correct link, can you please not count my number 2 entry. Thank you and sorry for the problem caused.

Unknown said...

Truski :*

ribenaruby said...

Lovely challenge once again, thank you for the wonderful DT inspiration.

Greg B said...

Thank you and here is my entry for the challenge

http://whistlingcrafter.blogspot.com/2009/04/simon-says-recycle.html

Thanks
Greg B

My Blog Candy---------

Children's Charity I help run

Sam said...

I'm entering my roundie holder (a roundie is a 4inch round ATC basically). This started off life as a CD wallet and it's decorated with flowers that were from a flower necklace (my element of recycling) from my SIL's fancy dress party and lots of oddments of ribbon.
Sam x

ScrapAddict said...

I've got a few on my blog!!

Gry-Heidi said...

Great challenge, and gorgeous DT-work !!

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

Great idea and a good challenge! Here's mine! Lisa

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

Here's my entry! I love the challenge! It was really fun!

anne2411 stempelträume said...

You have very nice card and the DT -Team
make beutiful cards.

glg anne2411

Julie said...

The timing for this challenge was perfect. I had just cut off my daughter's jeans and planned to use the material on a card. Thanks!

Caroljenks said...

Fab challenge - I HATE throwing things away! ;)

Have uploaded my card to your Mr Linky.

Thanks for the challenge and congrats DT on fantastic projects - yet again!

Carol x

CarlaKH said...

Love this challenge... and the creations everyone has made!

Merika said...

http://merika51.blogspot.com/2009/04/simon-says-challenge-2.html
Thank you and here is my entry for the challenge

Ingrid said...

Thanks for the chance. Great challenge.
my blog

Jackie said...

Good morning, I have just entered my offering for the recycle challenge into Mr Linky. Good luck everyone :o)
Jackie xx

Ida / Little said...

GREAT challenge, and lovely DT projects :)

Ida

adda said...

Great challenge!!!

http://pewnegodnia.blogspot.com/2009/04/spokoj.html

Ginny said...

another fab challenge, just posted on my blog

Kropelka said...

Hi,my blog:
http://kropelka40.blogspot.com/2009/04/star-na-wyzwanie.html

Kropelka

Tracy said...

This was hard, but it was so fun!! I just posted my card in Mr. Linky. Thanks for the awesome inspiration design team!

Moni said...

Waw fab creations! I entered with my! hugs, moni

finnabair said...

:) and my entry of course:
http://tworzysko.blogspot.com/2009/04/scrapowy-urodzinowy.html
hugs:*
finnabair

CardmakingSuppliers said...

Oh I'm so happy I found your blog!!!!
Love the recycle challenge!
Congrats, lots of fab creations from the DT!!!

Anne said...

Just post my link using Mr.Linky.
So happy I found your blog in time for the recycle challenge!!!!
Love the creation by the DT members too!

Sue - said...

Thanks for the challenge. I'm not quite as quick this time!

Sue - said...

Please ignore link 56 I've reposted with proper link at 57!

Carol said...

This challenge was so MUCH FUN!!! Really like your RECYCLING challenge - great idea! I had to think about it for a bit; but i manage to recycle and use ALL scrap for my project. (Linky #60) - the Design team ROCK this challenge; so many clever ideas!